During the SY 2022-23, the Santa Barbara County School Wellness Council will host the 9th Annual School Wellness Summit. We are encouraging a diverse group of stakeholders from the general public and the school community (including district administration, school board members, school site administrators, parents, students, and representatives of the school food authority, teachers of physical education, school health professionals) to register.
Please Join Us
9th Annual School Wellness Summit
When: Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Where: Hotel Corque, Solvang, CA
School Wellness Summit Goals
- Support a county-wide effort by school districts and partner agencies to foster a culture of wellness and health in the school communities.
- Build networks that keep student wellness and health in the forefront of high-level conversation about student achievement.
- Inspire and encourage innovative wellness practices.
School Wellness Summit Objectives
- Engage educators, medical professionals and community partners to advance a culture of wellness.
- Examine the impact of Employee Wellness programs.
- Summarize the California Department of Education’s guidelines on Local School Wellness Policies.
Summit Agenda Topics
- ACEs: The Biology of Toxic Stress
- Partnerships in Workplace Wellness
- Mindfulness and Self-Care
- Local School Wellness Policy and Triennial Assessment
- Nutritional Education and Physical Activity Resources
- Local School Wellness Champions