2023 Grant Opportunities
In collaboration, Santa Barbara County School Wellness Summit and Dairy Council of California aim to advance the health and well-being of schools and communities. Santa Barbara County School Wellness Summit will sponsor three community grants to advance collaboration and innovative solutions to foster healthy eating through the advancement of the Let’s Eat Healthy Initiative.
Funding Program Goals:
- Advance equitable access to science-based nutrition education.
- Enhance food and agricultural literacy that encompasses the role of dairy in local sustainable food systems.
- Advance nutrition security by increasing access to healthy, wholesome foods, including milk and dairy foods.
As a nutrition organization, Dairy Council of California is funded by the California dairy community to empower champions to elevate the health of children and communities in California through the pursuit of lifelong healthy eating patterns. The focus of the Santa Barbara School Wellness/Let’s Eat Healthy Community Grants program is to establish partnerships that expand our network of California champions.
Application Period July 20, 2023 - September 4, 2023
Applications are now being accepted for 2023-2024 Santa Barbara School Wellness/Let's Eat Healthy Community Grants.
- Three grants valued up to $5,000 will be awarded in partnership with Santa Barbara County School Wellness Summit, for a total of $15,000 is available to be awarded.
- Applicants represent an entity in California (district, school, non-profit/community organization, etc.)
- Projects must target communities in the following regions: Santa Barbara County, San Luis Obispo County, Ventura County.
- Projects must demonstrate activation of Let’s Eat Healthy by aligning to at least one Let’s Eat Healthy Strategic Framework goal and objective.
- Applicants must be a registered member of Let’s Eat Healthy.
- Register to join and commit to building healthier communities here.
- Projects must be implemented and evaluated by June 30, 2024.
To view the application for planning, click here.
Applicants will be notified at the end of September 2023. Awarded grantees or a designee must attend the 10th annual Santa Barbara County School Wellness Summit on October 4, 2023 and present a brief overview of the funded project.
For questions, contact Sonia Fernandez Arana, Let’s Eat Healthy Program Manager at SFernandez@DairyCouncilofCA.org